94 LE rear door trim removal

I got the Haynes book, got the trim pad removal tool that even looks exactly like the one in the book. Too bad the book only seems to cover the front door, which has nice, big flat-headed pins holding the panel in, perfect candidates for trying out that tool. The rear door has what can best be described as plastic pop-rivets, which I assume are holding the panel on, along with a few screws.

How do I go about removing the panel?

FYI, the reason I want to do that is that the window glass dropped off the carrier; hopefully that isn't going to be a major issue, but I won't know until I get the trim off.

Reply to
Steve

there should be about 5 or six screws/bolts that need to come out. Look on the bottom facing edge of the door, inside the pull handle, behind the door handle, and there may be a plastic clip to pop out on the trailing edge of the door, one of those guys where you push the center in and pry out. After you are sure you have all the permanent fasteners out, start at an edge and give a good tug, and those plastic 'pop rivets' will pop right off if you have everything right. If it gives you a hard time, check to make sure you have all the screws out.

Reply to
qslim

Go to the bottom of the page in the link, you have a pic for the rear door, hope this helps.

kdv

kdv,

Thanks, what a great resource!

door,