Pug 205 Bonnet release

If any one can shed some light on this little problem that would be great because my poor 205 going to run out of oil soon if i cant get bonnet up!!! The problem is that the release lever for some reason no longer works, the cable doesn't seem to be broken (Yanked on it with mole grips with no success) so I cant not get the bonnet to release, if any one has any ideas that would be great. I have the front grill off now and can see the spring and latch but cant move it by hand. Begging not a pretty thing but "Please Help, Please someone!"

Cheers

Reply to
gary.smith82

Get someone else to pull the cable while you wiggle the bonnet.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

fate has spoken. let nature run its course :-p

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I have the same problem on my 205 GTi. You need a mate to help you. Basically, if one of you pulls hard on the lever while the other pulls up on the bonnet then it should release. When you eventually get it open the give the mechanism and damn good soaking in dub 40. Regards Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Watkins