A little OT

Hi Wonder if anyone can clear this up for me.

Just got the wife another car it's a Vauxhall corsa w reg 2000 ,1.2 club 16 valve.

I have always thought that *all* cars registed after 1992 (approx) had to be fitted with catalytic converter ?? had a look under car best I can and don't see what I would reconize as a cat box,just looks like a mid baffle and rear baffle boxes. anyone know ?

One reason for asking is wife(silly sod) went and filled her astra to the top with petrol two days prior to getting the corsa and the astra is now of the road. It's unleaded but the astra was on leaded until about two months until they stopped selling it.

So Q is does corsa have a cat, can I get petrol from astra to put in corsa? a little worried that it may have traces of leaded petrol in it as she does not do many miles and has most prob only had one other fill up in the astra since leaded petrol stopped being sold. sorry for long post. Many thanks.

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

It will have a cat for sure so don't go putting that petrol in it.

There's a pic of it here :-

DougP

ForeverArsenal ( snipped-for-privacy@sykes99.freeservee.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes.

Erm, leaded petrol hasn't been generally sold in the UK since the start of

2000...
Reply to
Adrian

The message from "ForeverArsenal" contains these words:

Does it have a close-coupled cat which is in effect right under the manifold?

Reply to
Guy King

You'll also probably see an O2 sensor sticking out the manifold too.

If not, it could be an import. Cars from Cyprus are quite common, and they often don't have cats fitted.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt) contains these words:

Looking at the picture someone posted a link to - it's the close-coupled type. He's looking underneath - and won't see it.

Reply to
Guy King

again.Many thanks Doug,Guy,and andy Doug thanks for the link,gave me something to go on.

You are all correct, does have a cat under the manifold. Never seen one like that before,will have to update cars more often to keep up with things ;-).

Many thanks to you all..

Barry. If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

Honda were the first to fit one that I saw, back in 1991 on the Civic VTEC-E.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt