Diesel in a Petrol Engine

I have a 1994/5 Nissan Micra which I filled with about 20 litres of unleaded petrol and then for some reason I was distracted and tried to use the diesel pump. Naturally I had some difficulty using it but, being a complete idiot, I persevered until I had put about 0.5 litres of diesel in. I then went on to add a further 9 litres of petrol to fill up my tank, so the ratio of diesel to petrol is about 1:50. Since then I have driven about 8 miles with no ill effects but I am concerned about any long lasting damage.

Will it damage my catalytic converters?

Will it damage my pistons?

Do I need to replace any filters?

Should I drain the fuel before driving any further? I believe the diesel should go to the bottom of the tank so perhaps the damage has already been done?

I know this subject has been covered before but there have been a few conflicting answers. Cheers in advance for any help.

John

Reply to
John Hamilton Taylor

It'll be fine.

Reply to
Robert R News

The message from "John Hamilton Taylor" contains these words:

With that small an amount of diesel well diluted there shouldn't be any trouble at all.

Reply to
Guy King

yeah..no worries at all...you can top up with another load of petrol when you get down to something like 3/4 of a tank remaining and that will dilute the remainder even more...just if your still concerned...

Johnnie

Reply to
Johnnie