Fiesta Bonnet reliese catch broken

I was going to put some oil in my wee car 1995 Fiesta 1.6 Java. Pulled on the lever on the underside of the steering column, nothing happened and in fact it seems to pull back at an angle. Any ideas as to how I can get under the bonnet without this lever or will I have to take apart the steering column cover to get the workings. Cheers

BC

Reply to
Big Craigie

Sounds like the orange lever has broken - you will have to take the screws out from around the steering wheel and pull the cable with pliers. Get somebody to bounce the bonnet when you pull the cable.

Bill

Reply to
Bill