All three brake lights non-functioning!!!

Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Elegance. Year 2000 model.

Today, the 'Brakelight Check' warning on the dash computer stayed on my entire journey.

When I checked, ALL three brake lights were non-functioning: Left/Right and the ligh level LEDs.

What's this likely to be? Fuses?

Thanks!

Sam

Reply to
salmondays2000

If the switch is anything like a couple of cavaliers I had the switch at the pedal used to stick had to replace both.

Reply to
Ralph Bayley

Most likely the switch. Usually mounted at the top of the brake pedal. Try disconnecting and shorting the wires - if the lights come on you have the answer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Ralph and Dave,

You guys were spot on.

I've just tried wiggling/pumping the brake pedal by hand while trying to see where the switch was located and it's all come back to life again.

Seems like the switch was sticking but has now freed up.

Merry Christmas!

Sam.

Reply to
salmondays2000

The message from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk contains these words:

It'll go again real soon now - Vauxhall brake light switches are like that.

They're cheap - just replace it before it happens again.

Reply to
Guy King