Another old Mk2 Mondeo problem. Engine mounts?

Hello all.

Mk2, 1997, manual 2.0.

I had a problem with the engine idling fast recently. (Cured with a new coolant sensor and an ECU reset). However I wonder if the continious pulling about had damaged something like the engine mounts.

Driving along slowly, gentle on and off the throttle as is normal in town driving. But it feels as if the engine is moving around, a sort of surge, or maybe better described as slackness in the drivetrain.

Put a bit of pressure on the throttle and it goes away. Take the throttle off completly and it goes away. Part throttle and it... well, rocks fore and aft.

MOT was done a couple of months ago with no faults found. so, what common fault does this sound like then? Is it so expensive I'll be better off scrapping it? Subframe maybe?

Thanks v much.

Reply to
Mike Barnard