Anti seize lube ?

Having read some guides on changing spark plugs a lot of them say to put some lubricant on the end of the threads so when the next time you go to take them out they come out easily.

Can anyone tell me what so of lubricant is safe to use ?

Reply to
GreasyFingers

Don't bother. Just don't overtighten them.

Reply to
Conor

Or even more crucial than that, don't cross thread the bastarding things.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I've always used a smear of Copaslip on the threads, and on the seat of taper-seat ones. I've never ended up with an unremovable plug.

There is a school of thought that warns against doing this on the basis that if the Copaslip gets on to the insulator the plug will misfire. My answer is to not get it on the insulator...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Try this one, Always does the trick for me

Anusol Man.

Reply to
Anusol Man

Surely that's only meant to be used on exhaust systems?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Seconded. I also use it on wheel nuts/bolts. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G