Anyone had experience of VW e-Golf?

A neighbour of mine has a new e-Golf which suffered a total electrical systems failure within about 10 days and 200 miles. They were stranded
miles from anywhere without even a limp-home mode. Has anyone else had similar problems with an e-Golf, or know of someone who has? Googling suggests the electronic control module is (not surprisingly) a single point of failure.
I thought that one of the supposed benefits of electric cars was the simplicity, far fewer moving parts. Mmmmmmm........
--
Biggles
(Remove packaging. from my e-mail to reply direct)
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 10:38:54 +0100, Biggles wrote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! Anyone who's stupid enough to drive a first gen electric car deserves only derision for their futile attempt to appear environmentally- friendly. Fuck 'em, i say. :-D
On 29/04/2018 16:22, Chris wrote:

hardly first gen, totally electric cars have been around for 186 years.
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:01:55 +0100, MrCheerful wrote:

Well then, if they haven't properly caught on after all that time, that should tell us all we need to know about their effectiveness.
On 29/04/2018 17:01, MrCheerful wrote:

Yes but the milk floats usually ran out of battery power and were traveling at 2 mph by the time everyone else was trying to get to work in the morning rush hour(s).
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 30/04/2018 04:18, alan_m wrote:

But fitted with snow chains they had no problem with the 1963 snow, despite being rear-wheel drive.
On 28/04/2018 10:38, Biggles wrote:

You are meant to charge them up within 200 miles.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 30/04/2018 14:09, Biggles wrote:

My HP colour printer did that 5 days after buying it from Staples.
LDC panel said 'Ink systems failure', so I took it back to Staples and demanded a replacement, which they agreed to.
Odd that cars are not so easy to reject, but there is the very useful Honest John website and forum where such happenings are welcome for building a shame list. Also good legal advice.
On 28/04/2018 10:38, Biggles wrote:

I saw a Tesla stranded on M25 between J15 & J16 just recently. But who knows? He might just have gambled his luck, or pressed the pedal too hard. I.e performance and economy, but not both :)
On 30/04/2018 04:16, johannes wrote:

or had a flat tyre.
or perhaps: The car said: " I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that"
Following the recent case of a Model S driver swapping himself to the passenger seat while the car drove along the M1, perhaps they need an auto park-up feature if the driver's seat is empty.
On 30/04/2018 06:05, MrCheerful wrote:

They experimented in Sweden, as far as I remember, with a car that could sniff alcohol and refuse to drive if too drunk.
On 30/04/2018 20:32, johannes wrote:

How do they stop the passenger or the dog breathing in the sensor ?.

Site Timeline