Anyone seen my spare?

Been on the market for three months now, had sale fall through earlier in year.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I jumped an AX over a hump backed bridge and it left its spare behind... ace...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The message from "Tim S Kemp" contains these words:

Just jettisoning excess weight!

Reply to
Guy King

Reminds me of when we visited my wife's late uncle at his farm in Donegal.

He lent us his car - out we went, back we came, took keys out of car, locked it and put keys in house on window ledge, nice and handy.

Some time later - big ballyhoo. - I'd dropped a very large brick.

Car keys I was told belonged in the ignition switch, in case anyone needed to borrow the car in an emergency ....

A few years later, new drive being installed to bungalow. I parked my car behind the builders 4 x 4, put up the windows and locked the car.

Builder says to father-in-Law - "Why did he do that?"

I didn't understand what he meant until FIL said "Where he comes from. if he didn't it would be gone by the time he reched the house".

Response from builder - incredulous "jeez - are they really like that" - and carried on working with his 4x4 full of tools left open ..

In Brum - within 10 mins it woud have been nicked, used for ram raiding, then dumped and torched ....

Also recently visited Canada - small one horse town, full of pickups with tools and other stuff chucked in the back, no problems. (Yes, they were also lowered, customised, with wide alloys and woofly V8's!)

Reply to
Richard Murphy

In message , Johnny writes

Ooh, now there's an idea, burning out the joyriders on the fields

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , Karl writes

Why would they care, they can issue a crime number for the insurance over the phone and that's another one on the books to quote for next years budgetary review. Actually turning out would require a modicum of effort and they risk catching the offender in the act and receiving the abuse you would have got if you'd done something.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

I suspect that anyone stealing a car out there would get a visit from large men in balaclavas carrying guns ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I think they would be doing the borrowing. There's an old Irish rebel song called Johnson's Motor Car about such an undertaking

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

How foolish of us.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Yeah, and here was silly old us thinking that that's the job they're paid to do.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LOL... Thats very true guys.

I just make sure if I have one of these cars with a wheel underneath, I will just leave it in the boot, unless I really need the boot space.

Reply to
Karl

19mm bolt on mine.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

People don't just lock their doors in US cities, they bar them, reinforce them and wire them up to noisy gadgets. Cross the border though, and Canadians, like Cypriots, don't even bother locking the doors.

IMHO we have more to learn from Canada than the US. They only think they know it all in the US.

__________

dp

In any large UK city, if you regularly leave something potentially valuable (coat, bag, etc.) in view on the back seat, it will be stolen.

Once someone gets hooked on drugs, they don't care too much how they get the cash for the next fix.

_________

dp

This would suggest there's no crime anywhere in Canada.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or at least not enough to make people want to lock doors.

Reply to
dp