astra

I have an astra k reg hatch and my problem is the front near wheel bearing is humming like crazy...i like to have a go at most things but just how difficult is it to do myself..if to difficult do you think its an expensive garage job....regards

If you haven't changed one before, then I would not recommend it as a diy job, unless you have a knowledgeable friend to help and advise, and a good range of tools and facilities. Going wrong with a wheel bearing can have fatal or expensive consequences. This is a 50 quid job at an independent garage.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Wheel bearings on front wheel drive cars can be awkward especially if its your first time. They also have to be torqued up. Some need pressing out, so its not a DIY first timers job unless you have somebody experienced to watch over you. They are about £20-£30 each and fitting is about 30 quid.(each side) Please don't use a Vauxhall dealer though, cost two arms and legs. These bearings also come in different sizes Example the 1600cc are better than the 1300c/1400cc sorry I can't help more.

Bill

Reply to
Bill