ATTN: Everybody

Air con failure is the new Carb Icing AICMFP!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh.

I've seen the number of posts about it and reckon I should become a mobile aircon man.

Sod all work to do in the winter, but you earn enough during the summer to piss off to somewhere hot for the winter anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

I am *-seriously-* considering it !!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Problem is that people don't want to pay to repair air con. If it needs anything more than a recharge then most people just won't pay, they just use the car without until they get rid of the whole vehicle.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

We've just had the aircon fixed on the 156. There was a corroded pipe running under the battery tray from the evaporator to the cabin.

Not especially cheap - 40 quid diagnosis, 70 quid for the pipe, 40 quid to fit it and 60 quid for the recharge.

Some people might baulk at that, but we reckoned it was a price worth paying.

Reply to
SteveH

I think I'd agree with you. With this heat the aircon on the 406 has been blooming marvelous.

Reply to
Malc

Surely the new Wrong Fuel

Reply to
Malc

Yes, it looks like I skipped a generation.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne ( snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I was just thinking exactly that...

Reply to
Adrian

I was wandering why I could not get through to my local Ford service dept today.

Reply to
mr p

Then surprise that you can't just run it for a week a year.

Also, the new secret, that is, running air conditioning does not double fuel consumption...

Reply to
DervMan

Don't just don't. One of my neighbours has just bought a Focus estate with aircon. But she won't be using the AC because of the fuel consumption issues! So how long before it doesn't work when she needs it? Oh yes and she paid £4k5 for the car because it was the right colour.

Reply to
Malc

I bought this Saab because it was the right colour...

And because it is a diesel too. :)

Reply to
DervMan