Audi A3 reversing light wiring

Does anyone happen to know what colour the wire for the reversing lights of an 06 Audi A3 sportback ought to be?

I'm in the process of fitting a reversing sensor kit and discovered that the wretched reversing lights are in the tailgate which make it a lot fiddlier. I've found the buch of wires leading to the tailgate lights and I have a choice of yellow & white, red & blue, or solid brown. Of the three, I'm guessing it's the yellow & white one but it would be nice to know for sure.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I wouldn't bother trying to find out, just stick a voltage meter or test lamp on each one in turn to see which one is powered when the reverse lights are on. Poke a needle into the wire to get a connection without needing to cut or strip insulation.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It didn't come to that in the end. I found my multimeter and managed to make contact with the lamp connections. Thanks for the tip regarding the needle though.

(It's the red & blue btw)

Regards

Tim

Reply to