Autobox manuals

Anyone know of a source for manuals for automatic boxes? Downloadable, for perferrence.

The box on my elderly A100 2.5 TDI has given up the ghost. There's drive for a few seconds, then it feels like it's in neutral. Wait ten minutes, then there's another few seconds of drive.

I've checked the fluid level - and I suppose the next step is to drop the pan and clean out anything I can find.

Any other suggestions, short of fitting a new box which isn't really economic on such an old high milage car.

Reply to
Guy King

Once upon a time, BL workshop manuals included fault finding and full overhaul preceedure. If your box is the same make as they've used, that might be a source.

My first guess is a blocked oil pump filter. No or low pressure, no gear engagement.

If I knew what make of box I might have a manual. Although I suspect it's a ZF in which case no.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Which is what I suspect, too. I'll pull the sump off some time and have a look. Meanwhile I'll just buy any old banger to get about in.

Reply to
Guy King

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:09:03 +0100, Guy King wro= te:

erwin.

Bentley
Alas I can't find my CD of it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

http://www.About User-Manual-Search.com is an initiative to help peopleto find manuals. On this site, 2 kinds of manuals can be found:

  1. Manuals which you can download by our links to the manufactures;
  2. Manuals stored on this site, which are not provided by the manufacturer anymore.

We hope we can be of help in your search for specific manuals you may have lost.

Requests If you can't find the manual you are looking for, please fill in a request, so we can try to find it for you. We have loads of manuals which we cannot provide online, because of storage reasons, but send us a request and we will see if we can find it for you. Without any costs!!!

Add new Manual If you have user manuals which are not on our site, please place them on this site, so we can be of help to other people who have lost their manual.

Reply to
lars.america