Automagical Wipers

Maybe. So far the software has worked just fine, so if this is the worst thing about it...

I guess, more importantly for me, is the fact that it's very comfortable to drive or sit in for long periods. Oh and it's a pretty colour.

Reply to
DervMan

My 1992 Vauxhall had heated skoosher nozzles. Why shouldn't Dervy's?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

There's no mention of 'em in the handbook.

Reply to
DervMan

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They normally come on with the rear window.

Reply to
Adrian

I'll take your work on that. Heated mirrors, yes for sure - unless it's a VAG, some of those have their own heated rear window switch.

Reply to
DervMan

I know my BM has heated jets, but it also has something I've never come across before, called an 'Intensive cleaning system' A separate container holding concentrated w/s washer fluid with it's own pump, which can be used to spray the screen for a second or two, before the wipers come on. Works quite well IMO. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've never heard of that either, come to think of it...

Reply to
DervMan

The recommended BM fluid is frost resistant down to minus 27C, so presumably it also means even when it's very cold you can wash the w/s without the liquid freezing on the wipers or w/s. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Must be German, S6s used to have it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It could be, then again the majority of screen washes are frost proof to around the cloud point of diesel. It's the wind chill that freezes the nozzles.

Reply to
DervMan

IIRC, they beam an IR light source across a part of the screen which reflects off water droplets. Sometimes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's explained in the E39 Owners Handbook. At least it is in mine. Page 173. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

As I said earlier, it has heated nozzles as well, but unlike the ordinary washer, it sprays for quite a long time, with a delay before the wipers start. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Heated mirrors on my 1992 Vauxhall were activated by pressing something on the 'leccy mirror joystick IIRC.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne