Automagical Wipers

How do they work? The ones on my 406 (1999) work fine in normal rain but in drizzle they either seem far too keen and scrub away at a barely wet screen, or far too apathetic and don't wipe until I have difficulty seeing. The latter condition does seem to occur more if I've left them in auto mode for a long time with no rain.

Reply to
malc

Mine do the same. I'm not sure what the sensor actually is but it does mistake fog on occasions as rain and will wipe wipe wipe at nothing more than a visual. Bird crap will do it too. Dan.

malc wrote:

Reply to
tricky4000

Not sure of detail but sensing mechanism is contained within "black-box" at top centre of windscreen and contains a couple of LED`s which are visible from outside of wind-screen. Happy motoring, Wally.

Reply to
W.Lindsay

Keith Willcocks