Backup light switch doesn't work: fixable or need to get a new one?

My backup lights on my Suzuki Baleno don't work, and I've identified the switch in the gear box to be the cause of the problem.

Does anybody have experience on "reviving" a switch like this or should I just order a replacement part?

best regards, Mikko

Reply to
Mikko V

Replacement part probably costs less than £10, so I'd just get a new one.

If you really must attempt to revive the old one, I'd remove it, douse it in lighter fuel, click it a few times, wait for the switch to dry out then re-fit.

Reply to
Pete M

They really seem to be quite cheap those switches.

On the other hand, I'm working on a cheap Baleno I just bought and there are quite a few little fixes to do. So, I'm trying to manage with as little money as possible in order to keep the price of the car from doubling...

And it's kind of fun trying to fix things with minimum budget, now that I have a second car that dare to play around with... Never before have I added engine coolant, let alone changed oil...

Anyways, if there doesn't seem to be any well known tricks on this, I'll probably go by your recommendation.

thanks, Mikko

Reply to
Mikko V

Mikko V ( snipped-for-privacy@no.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So live with no reversing lights.

Reply to
Adrian

Better than some prats on the road with no brake lights at all.

Nice!

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Paul Hubbard ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sorry? Are you suggesting that reversing lights are even remotely necessary?

Out of my fleet of seven vehicles, exactly one has reversing lights fitted from the factory.

Even on new vehicles, they're not a requirement, nor are they MOT testable.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm afraid they are here in Finland...

Reply to