Backup light switch for 1997 Rodeo

Hi everyone,

I live in Costa Rica and own a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo. While I was in the States I bought a backup light switch. However, the parts place gave me the wrong part. I can get the part here in Costa Rica and would like to install it myself. However, I cannot find any info on where the thing is located on the transmission. I own an Isuzu repair manual but it does not contain any info about the backup light switch.

Oh, and one more thing. My "check engine" light is on and I am not sure why. It is obviously one of those dummy lights that gives you not indication of what to check. Any advice?

Thanks,

Kurt Pura Vida

Reply to
Raihnman

By the way, I have been searching the internet for a back-up light switch and cannot find one. Can anyone suggest a location online to buy a back-up light switch for a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo, 2.6L 4 cylinder?

My guess is that the mechanic here in Costa Rica said he could get it but he may not have actually tried.

Thanks,

Kurt

Reply to
Raihnman