Battery ?

You can tell if the cycles not working, the inside of your bulb gets =

plated.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

They did make them, I used to sell a halogen bulb with a British Pre Focus base (I still have one), but that was not till the late seventies, I sold far more Cibie Z180s, which were a fabulous improvement for most bikes, British or Jap, I also put a pair on my car with 130/90 watt halogens, with beefed up wiring, relays, and a 17ACR alternator ! It seemed like flood lighting back then.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Too delicate for what? It all gets taped up into a loom. Taped and clipped to the body. And I've seen ribbon cable used in car tail light cables - the whole thing was black wire with one white stripe in a dark rear quarter panel cavity. It's possible to roll ribbon cable and over-sheath it.

But no one runs heated screens off tail / brake light circuits. Mine has

2 10 amp fuses, a double pole relay and twin wires for feed and earth. Clearly like you they didn't want to source a 2nd wire size - just lots of colours and printed stripes - still needed a bigger crimp tool as the terminals to screen and earth are common-ed, so have 2 wires in them.
Reply to
Peter Hill

As maybe. But take the input impedance of the meter and add in series with that say 1K ohm or 10 K ohm even and its hardly going to affect the result. And I'd be very surprised indeed if the resistance was more than a ohm or thereabouts!...

Reply to
tony sayer

As is any cable. That is a maximum rating. And it's what you'll find on many cars as a 'tail' from the harness to the fitting. The main loom wiring may be larger to minimise voltage drop to an acceptable level.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Car connectors normally have no strain relief as such - they rely on the actual cables themselves. Make these very thin and they have virtually no strength.

That is a 'tail' between loom and harness.

Who said or implied it did? I was just commenting on you saying that LEDs will reduce the cable size needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It was the "40 watts on a good day" from the Lucas dynamo which got me!

Reply to
newshound

How far did she drive when the low fuel warning came on? Is there a slim chance that the tank was totally empty at the very moment she arrived at the pumps and the fuel system had got to the stage that it needed priming and the engine would have stopped in a second anyway. In other words she had run out completely but didn't know it. The subsequent attempts to start while the system primed itself could explain the dead battery and the jump start was needed to complete the process.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Joe Lucas AKA the "Prince of darkness"