Battery

Hi all

So I get a new car battery and find that the two points for connecting the leads from the car are quite small and when tightened with a spanner the leads are still a bit slack on the battery terminals. What can I do to rectify this easily? SHove a nail inbetween the clips of the lead and the battery terminal to make a nice tight fit?

cheers

Reply to
Skint4sure

Get a battery with the right size terminals or change the ends of the leads to suit the battery

If you use a nail then you will not get a proper contact as only part of the clip will be touching the terminal. Also once the nail rusts it will create increased resistance and cause the nail to heat up Not good

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Well that implies somebodys overtightened them in the past & stretched them (Assuming you've got the right battery), new battery terminals aren't very expensive.

Reply to
DuncanWood

The message from snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Skint4sure) contains these words:

Take the battery back and get the correct one.

Reply to
Guy King

A scrap yard would probably let you have the leads for next-to-nothing.

Reply to
dp