Battery charging question.

If I want to charge a calcium car battery, do I have to loosen off the plastic stoppers on the top of the battery first? Is the charging procedure the same as for a normal battery?

Sorry for asking stupid questions!

Thanks a lot Garry

Reply to
garry parker

No it's 50p for the first five minutes and 25p for each of the following 5 minutes.

Reply to
Malc

This is a very informative answer. Unfortunately, it seems to be to some other question!

Reply to
dave

dave (dave@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Whooosh.

Reply to
Adrian

The OP wanted to know about charging a battery. If you were a battery that's what I'd charge you.

Reply to
Malc

Is the car alternator which charges the battery different for a 'calcium' or 'normal' battery?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Must ask next time I'm in the car parts place if they do calcium alternators. Depending on the size of the bloke behind the counter of course. :-)

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

To brittle...

*imagines old ladies sucking them to stave off the osteoporosis*

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

from the web sluething I did when I bought a car battery recently, a calcium battery

  1. has a better shelf life ( stays charged longer )
  2. is more suited to higher charge voltqages ( 14v ) used in most modern cars.. ( because it uses less water )

according to the banner web page they are supposed to work ok with older cars/ lower charge rates as well though.. In answer to the OP , no I don't think you have to remove any stoppers.. this would lead to increased evaporation, any charging you do is not likely to be as fast as the alternator is capable of I would have thought.

Reply to
mr p

I never thought of searching the web, even though that's my usual first port of call for information. I'll go and have a look now, and thanks for the reply.

Garry

Reply to
garry parker