BMW E39 exterior door handle.

Anyone got any idea how you remove it? The TIS shows two special tools, and a securing mechanism, but having removed the access grommet I can't see what they mean.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IIRC they have a sliding clip that stays with the 'lock', a bit like a long L shaped U (something like a brake hose clip), if that makes any sense ?

The last one I did I ended up removing the door pad to get a good look at what was going on...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::