E39 exterior door handle

The TIS shows two special tools to remove this. Anyone done it without?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you use the special German TISEnglish translator Dave, I'll think you'll find the tools are 'brute force' and 'ignorance'......

Alternatively, these may help:

They'll probably want more for a s/h one than a new one costs, but might be worth a try.

Reply to
Grant

It's quite clever - it can be removed without taking off the interior trim and partially stripping the door as with most. You just remove a plug in the door jam and insert these tools. One, I guess, is just a torx screwdriver so no problem, but the other unlatches a clip of some sort.

I've tried a couple, and as you say they want more than a new unpainted one. But can't find one in the right colour anywhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)