Brake Bleeding Kits

You need to follow the instructions to use them safely - and have some common sense. They'll then bleed 'difficult' braking or clutch setups with ease - and with only one person.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The price is a lot more than a cap from a scrapyard :)

Just me not getting round to going yet....

Rich.

Reply to
Rich Russell

: In article , : Ian Johnston wrote: : > Horrible, horrible, horrible things. Run, don't walk, away from the : > shelves. : : You need to follow the instructions to use them safely - and have some : common sense.

I've tried them several times, on several cars, following instructions to the letter, using nice low pressures, making the seals as good as I could. They still pissed brake fluid everywhere - its the seals between the pipes and the cap, rather than those between the cap and reservoir, which are crap.

I have now allowed experience to triumph over hope.

Ever bled the front brakes on a DS? Now that's easy:

1) Put plastic tubes on bleedniplles and stick other ends into LHM reservoir

2) Open bleed nipples

3) Start engine

4) Press brake button for a bit

5) Stop engine, close nipples, remove pipes.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Cut them off and remake. I've just used my pretty old one again after doing a re-build on the SD1 callipers. No leaks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed - the 1.65" will certainly do for the TR7's clutch cylender, as it's the same as used on the SD1. I suspect the brake cylender will be similar.

However, I've now secured a stooge for saturday, so we can do it the old fashined way (i.e. cheap :-)

Ta for the info!

Reply to
James Dore