Brake hoses

I've just bought a front brake hose for a 1971 MGB. The threads are correct at each end (3/8 x 24) but the taper at the inner end, which mates to the double flare of the metal brake pipe, appears to be around

33 degrees, not 45 as I was expecting from the old one.

While I expect that a new Kunifer brake pipe would squash to this different angle, am I right in thinking that the pipe should not have been supplied with this fitting?

Reply to
Kevin Poole

You shouldn't have them at the same angle because they seat together when tightened and conform to the brake hose or caliper taper. The line material is ductile so it will bend to shape and the double flare made on the ends.

I would say the old one has deformed to shape which you are seeing.

Rob