Auto rear wiper running on a Puggy 206SW

& some engage it if the front wipers where on recently when reverse is engaged.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Yesterday when I was driving along the rear windscreen wiper suddenly started operating every so often. I treble checked the controls and they were correctly set.

Today it is fine. Any ideas?

Reply to
Derek

I was surprised by a vehicle putting its rear wiper on recently, it had auto operation when reverse was engaged if the front wipers were on. a possibility on a similar vehicle could be caused by a faulty reverse switch. another possibility is a stiff wiper mechanism that gets almost to the right parking spot, and then has another go. next most likely is that the wires are breaking up where the hinge is. but as my neighbour says: 'let it develop' if it seems ok at present.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for reply. The relays click in and out with the wiper so I suspect it might be operating correctly but beggared if I can understand its reasoning.

Reply to
Derek

might just be some muck in the switch which is giving a feed to the relay?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

'Muck' in my car? NEVER!

Reply to