Brake pipe for Cit ZX

Any good cheap places to go for a length of brake pipe for above car? Only places I can find ATM want to sell me 25 metres of the stuff. I only need a bit long enough for the bit that goes into the rear wheel cylinder from the flexipipe at the rear suspension, couple of feet would be more than plenty for a practice bend then fit. I have a flaring tool somewhere... I think. Ta.

Reply to
Tunku

get your local garage to make you one up, take your old one in for a pattern, we do it all the time.

Reply to
kronenburgh

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Cheers for that, but how much would you charge?

Reply to
Tunku

THey charge a set price per foot at my local factors. I don;t think it's more than a quid.

Reply to
Conor

I went to my main dealer for mine recently and they were surprisingly cheap. About 5 quid for a metre length. Otherwise there is a website (that would have been more expensive) brakepipes.co.uk or something like that.

Reply to
adder1969

"adder1969" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I popped up to my local car place, they will do a new pipe with fittings for a fiver. Went home to take the old pipe off to take it up to them tomorrow. I found the pipe was twisted and fractured almost to blocking the fluid at the end it bolts onto the flexipipe, wheel cylinder end was ok. Flexi end snapped off as I was undoing it, the pipe also shows a bad amount of wear where it was rubbing on the subframe area. Just as well I noticed it sooner rather than later. I will pay a lot of attention refitting the new one, which will be copper so I can tweak it. I don't want it following the exact route of the old steel one I took off.

Reply to
Tunku