brake repair

forgive me - i'm a bit of a dumb-ass with cars

my brakes started squeaking so I asked my mate martin who knows much about cars than me what to do.

he came round and greased the discs at the front and the drums at the back. he said that's what the pros do.

the brakes are great now and don't squeak at all but I've just written the car off by driving into a tree on a bend because the brakes stopped working.

what should i say to martin? he says its alright to put the car out with the rubbish tomorrow morning.

;-)

Reply to
Tony Brett

Tell Martin to grease his chuffer in readiment for the rough end of a pineapple heading his way.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The mechanic at the local garage did that to my mums Hillman Imp. He'd never seen disc brakes before. Apparently it cured the squeaking.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan Wood wrote

Ah, the Hillman Imp. That does date the event (and the both of us) somewhat. What a car. My uncle had one - basic, but bloody good fun!

Reply to
Stephen Leak

I learned to drive in a Mk1 Fiesta (V reg) in 1988. That dates me too :-)

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Pah. V reg. Modern rubbish. 1976 R and 1978 T Mk2 Escort. They were 9 and 11 years old though.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Duncan Wood ( snipped-for-privacy@dmx512.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nor would he have. Not on an Imp, anyway.

Reply to
Adrian

Young whippersnapper, I learned to drive in the old 'up-and-begging' Ford Popular of 1950's vintage - and that was in 1967.

This had the old 12 horse power side valve engine, no heater, vacuum wipers, three speed gears, wooden floor, cable brakes, proper steel chassis with separate body and 6 volt electrics - youngsters today don't know they're born :-)

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Looxury! When I were a lad I learned in a car wi' no engine, no wheels an' no car! All we 'ad were imagination an' cow s**te fashioned into pedals.

Kids these days wouldn't believe you.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot