broken wing lining

Is this an MOT failure ?

MOT is due soon and have a crack halfway round the wing lining ... probably when the wife used it it happened.

Just wondering if this is an MOT failure ?

cheers

Reply to
magicman

magicman ( snipped-for-privacy@here.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What do you mean by "wing lining"?

Adrian

Hi,

Had a look this morning at the motuk site and couldn't see anything about it.

by a wing lining I meant wheel inner lining :-s basically above my wheel there is a shaped covering in an arch shape. Best I can describe it.

cheers

Reply to
magicman

magicman ( snipped-for-privacy@here.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's your answer, then. If the tester's manual doesn't say how they can fail it, they can't.

How the f*ck did she manage to break that?

Reply to
Adrian

I'd guess only if it's likely to cause injury to a third party like torn bodywork etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

if you mean the splash shield inside the wing, as long as it isnt loose as to rub brake hose's ect or foul the wheel then it will be ok.

Reply to
reg

The message from gort contains these words:

They often find their mirrors have been brushed against when I walk past. Often heavily.

Reply to
Guy King

Round here many of the resident parking bays are marked as being half on the pavement. Before that the police would issue tickets to cars parked in this way. Only a money grabbing council can get away with such things - what they should have done was modify the pavement to provide parking bays.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)