Built in satnav on Peugeot 5008

As per title I have a built in flip up satnav in the car but there are no speed camera warnings. Everything else seems to work fine.

Is it likely that the facility is turned off somewhere or is it (paranoia) because the car manufacturer is French and they are not allowed speed camera warnings? If so is it possible to reprogramme it to include cameras?

The handbook doesn't show anything. Car is this years.

Thanks

Don

Apparently there is a download of speed camera pois for the 5008, but I cannot find where, probably best to ask in a Peugeot shop.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for reply. Will do when I get a chance. The other thing that seems to be missing on this one is any way to input a postcode. There is N/A where the line entry should be. Not a problem in itself as street and town gets me there but seems strange as every satnav I have used accepts postcode.

Reply to
Don

have you had it serviced yet? there is a 150 quid satnav upgrade which may include postcodes and speed cameras, check first !

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yep thanks. Been sitting down and reading up on it. The greyed out facilities will only come on with an update. That is £26 a year which is quite reasonable and includes four updates over twelve months. I can't see it being £160 unless that is for the full car service? Bad show if it is for a three week old car.

Reply to
Don

Oooh Arrrrr .. Messing about with the push buttons and if traffic key is held in for three seconds the screen come sup with 'CHEAT MODE' OR might be cheat code asking for input. WTF is this all about!?

Reply to
Don

Big link sorry have a look here

Redstar

replying to Don, sally wrote: hi just reading some of these... I cant seem to get on with the sat nav at all. I cat nseem to delete any of the all addresses and it doesn't seem to find any of my addresses.

Reply to
sally

The postcode bit is inactive but there is a hack that will sort this out. Mine is now working fine.

Reply to
Ted H