Car parts on line

In the upcoming weeks we will be creating an only store sell car parts, such as QH, Mintex, Denso and more. See Autoparts (S.Wales) Ltd.

for more details.

Reply to
nicko.edwards

( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've not even opened the business, and already you're widely known. Unfortunately, you're widely known as spamming pondlife sheep shaggers.

Now there's lovely for you, boyo.

Reply to
Adrian

Fair point taken.

Trying to sell car parts online is hard as you have to target a niche market. I'm not justifying our spamming, but it will stop from now on.

Hopefully you won't mind me taking part in discussions in the news groups as I have a huge interest in cars and motoring.

Reply to
nicko.edwards

TBH you need to get the site up and running before "advertising"[1] it. You'll normally only get one chance to get the attention of a first-time visitor, if they have a look around the site and there's nothing there of interest, they'll not bookmark it to return...

Good luck.

[1] Spamming newsgroups is bad, mmkay ?
Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I reckon we should start up a new group, called uk.rec.cars.spam. Spammers can be directed there, and then we can read the spam at our leisure, should we want to, without it interfering with the regular threads!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Indeed. It might be worth the OP cancelling the original post if still possible, to minimise the amount of people seeing an incomplete website, then mentioning it again later on when it's all done. But not by blatant spamming. Maybe in a sig, or just mentioning it from time to time if+when he becomes a regular.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Good idea. Can we also create another called uk.rec.cars.crosspostingtwats for all the people who think they'll be ignored if they don't cross-post to both this group and uk.rec.cars.misc?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Noted.