Car Windcreen

Ghastly stuff. Avoid at all costs.

Reply to
Huge

Yes, once you start using it, you more or less have to continue, I was glad I needed a windscreen replacement due to a crack.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Microfibre Mop

I use one to clean floor to ceiling tiles in my bathroom where the ceiling is around 9.5' high.

Cheap mops start at around £4 and replacement microfibre cloths to fit are available fairly cheaply on Ebay.

You can use the mop saturated with water/cleaner and then after saturate it with just water to rinse off.

Reply to
alan_m

Brian Gaff wrote

It never worked anything like that sales fools claimed.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Agree for vehicle windscreens, the beading of water worked fine till wipers had to be used and found the smearing was worse than without it. On my parents house windows which took a right battering from rain as they had nothing between them and Dartmoor 16 miles away it did make a considerable improvement to the outlook in wet weather,which down there was often.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Yep.

That's a good idea, and one that hadn't occurred to me!

Reply to
Huge

Used it for years, never had a problem. You do have to clean the screen _thoroughly_ before using it and apply as per the instructions. Wiper blades should be in good condition. Water beads well and less wiping is needed in rain.

As for carwashes, one I use every now and then uses a wax that doesn't cause smearing at all. The one my dealer uses after a service is a nightmare as fas as the windscreen is concerned. Driving home in the dark and the rain was terrible.

Reply to
Ramsman

Ultra-Ever Dry

Adrian Caspersz

eek. Jewellers rouge might be a better idea.

Reply to
Andrew

get window wet and soapy then carefully scrape with a new razor blade (the double sided version, so that it can follow the contours of the glass). Hold at an angle of about 45 degrees.

Reply to
Andrew

Illegal to wash your own car in Germany. Coming here via an EU directive any day now.:-)

Reply to
Andrew

Quite. A friend owned a car that had been imported from Kuwait and apart from the fact that it had no anti-corrosion treatment and fell to pieces with incredible speed in the UK, the glass had all been "sand blasted". It was an "interesting" drive at night, since it was like driving round in a 360 degree "starburst" filter.

Reply to
Huge

Not true. Are a you a Brexitard?

Reply to
Huge

it is true, but not in every part of Germany.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I've got some Porsche concentrated screenwash which says on the label that it shouldn't be mixed with other window cleaners.

Any idea why? The contents are anionic surfactants, polycarboxylates, perfumes, Limonene, Laurylamine aand Dipropylenediamine.

Reply to
Ramsman

Brave man! I don't bother promoting truth once Brexit's been mentioned.

Reply to
Robin

Really? Care to give proof of that? Or is it just the usual half truth dressed up in Express terms?

Good to see Brexiteers are still lying about the EU.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not true anywhere in Germany. You may have to take your car to a dedicated car washing area, though, to wash it yourself. A very different thing to what was stated.

The idea is to reduce contaminates going into ordinary drains.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There seems to be some basis for the claim

Reply to
Andy Burns

Good God, if people are going to be that pedantic it really is stupid. This is England, washing your own car means washing it at home, not at some farcical aquatically contained area that is government approved.

Reply to
MrCheerful