Cat Flange corroded

97 Ford Escort 1.4. The Catalytic unit front flange is a slip-on type, with a flared tube. The cat unit and the end pipes are in reasonable nick, but the slip on flange is corroded badly, so that it cannot hold the joint together firmly.

Can the slip-on flange be replaced? I really don't want to spend £200 on a new cat unit if it isn't needed.

I suspect I am going to be driven to an ugly DIY solution, unless someone can tell me a better way forward......

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Can't help but think you'd be better off going to a vet ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

is there enough room to fit a sleeve over it?

Reply to
ford_technical_

or goto a skip outside of a exhaust dealers and find a pipe with the same end on it and weld the found one to it..

Reply to
aussie bongo