Catalytic converter....help..

hi, I have a Frontera 2.2 16v. My catalytic converter has stared to rattle on cold starting , although it fine when the engine has warmed up and the emmissions are ok ... Do I need a new one now or is this a sign that I will need one in the near future...Car has done nearly 80,000m..Please help.

Rob....

Reply to
Rob Davies

The message from "Rob Davies" contains these words:

It's possibly just the heatshield on top. When it's cold, get underneath and give it a waggle and see if it's loose. Take suitable remedial action if it is.

Reply to
Guy King