Changing Headlights on Megane

I don't suppose anyone has a Megane II and knows how to changed the dipped beam headlights? Have looked in the manual for the car but it's not much help to be honest. Pictures are pretty small and it doesn't give much in the way of explanations.

I have one dipped beam on the drivers side that's out. Access is very difficult, but when I get in there I can feel the connector on the back of the bulb but I don't know how the heck to get it off.

Do I just yank it, do I twist or turn it, do I slide it, or do I need to squeeze it and pull? I don't want to cause any damage or anything but if I'm gonna try doing this myself I want to be sure I'll be able to get the old bulb out and new bulb back in again and without having any trouble with the metal spring/clip thingy either and also get this connector back on if I ever manage to get it off.

I don't know why Renault just didn't make it easier for folks to change these things, it's a right rigmarole.

Anyway cheers for any help with this

John

Reply to
John