Chitroen C5 suspension...

Neighbours C5 has jacked the rear up really high and stuck there - likely to be anything obvious and easy to fix or is it yet more french quirkiness?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim S Kemp ( snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Rear height corrector link's popped apart. Xants were notorious for it.

DO NOT, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, JUST CRAWL UNDER TO CLIP IT BACK TOGETHER. Cars are heavy and hurt when they land on your head. People HAVE been killed trying it.

Reply to
Adrian

The standard answer on Xantias, BXs and the like was the rear height sensor. There was a plastic clip which connects the suspension to a valve which controls the rear height. The plastic clip can break or the valve can stick. Unfortunately I've given away my Xantia Haynes BoL and never had this trouble on any of my Cits so I can't help much more.

I'll cross post this to alt.autos.citroen.

Reply to
malc

Rear height adjuster, either the plastic ball joints come apart & needs clipping together/replacing or the valves jammed. Your local citroen parts counter will immediately know what you want.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks everyone - will pass on!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No height correctors on a c5 it`a an potentiometer (adj resistor) and they do fail. hth

Reply to
Tim-mz500r

Tim-mz500r ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.mzr.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There IS still a height corrector each end - although you're right in that it's not a hydraulic unit any more, it's now electrical. But it IS still connected to the anti-roll bar by a small plastic link rod.

Reply to
Adrian

yes but they do pack up quite often new ones modified !

Reply to
Tim-mz500r