Citroen AX/Saxo front pads positioning

Can anyone advise me on the correct positioning of the front pads on my 1999 Saxo 1.5D? The braking system is identical to that on my 1995 AX 1.5D - it's the pads with the hook lugs at either side on the top, I think it's the Bendix variant. For reasons I won't go into, I have come to doubt whether the pads have been put in the right way round on both of these vehicles. The pads are not symmetrical and it does appear possible to fit them in in two different configurations.

I can't see any markings on the pads which would help me.

Yes, I do know the friction material needs to be against the disk. :-)

Reply to
Nick Dobb