Citroen AX transmission oil filler plug

Please could someone save my sanity and tell me exactly where to locate the transmission oil filler plug on a Citroen AX (1.5D, 1995). The Haynes manual cheerfully declares it to be somewhere on the left hand end of the transmission and extremely awkward to get at, and goes on to show a completely useless picture.

Cheers, Nick

Reply to
Nick Dobb

Bottom edge of the box - should be visible peering under NS of car.

Reply to
john

Looking at the left hand end of the gearbox there are two plugs, a drain and a level plug, both have square holes the level plug is on the left as you look (nearer the front of the car) the drain is below the drive shaft.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful