Citroen C5 Eco Mode Revisited

Re my earlier posting.The problem is that the steering wheel controls don`t come alive after starting so thats why a dealer is required to reset something...I call it a computer reboot. So to clarify. After some time the car goues into eco modes and reduces operation of some items such as radio. When starting car radio works fine but controls on steerig wheel dont work. Sorry for confusion. Any diy cure ideas?

Reply to
Capt T

Either there's a parameter set wrong on the vehicle computer, or it's a system fault. There's no easy cure, you'll need the dealer to sort it outl John

Reply to
John

Yep, it's not supposed to do that. The radio etc should come back on when you start the engine again. The only DIY computer reboot would be by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. However, this could cause other problems.

Reply to
Brian

Hi We have a C5 and a about a year ago our vehicle kept going into eco mode. We took it to the local tyre company to have the battery tested which came back fine. The battery went dead flat one day and when it was put on the computer at the local citroen garage it showed it wasn't holding the charge. Replaced the battery and it has never happened since. Hope this helps Regards Pete

Reply to
petetop