clio MK2 mileometer backlights

The back lighting on the time/mileometer display in the centre of the instrument display has gone very dim in the 1998 Clio 2. Does anybody know if this is bulbs or leds. Or is there some setting on the panel which affects this and got switched on/off by accident. Known fault at this age ?. Trying to avoid main dealer expense, I am Electrical Tech, but I am not pissing around near airbags!!.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton