clio s reg 98 mk2 brakes handbrake and adjusters (1200cc)

My daughters clio's rear brakes were sticking on and the peddle was hard. Anyway I pulled them apart the shoes were knackered & the cylinders started to leak, I ordered the bits (I was told there are 4 different types of shoes). I couldn't see any adjustments for the handbrake cable (the haynes manual said there should be an adjuster underneath or in the car. I fitted the shoes and cylinder pulled on the handbrake and the damn thing snapped on one side. Anyway does anybody know how the handbrake is adjusted? - seems strange that I can't find an adjuster for this damn thing.

MarkBlack

Reply to
soundboy

Many vehicles have the adjuster at the handbrake lever itself, pull the trim off around it and take a look. could be a nut on the end of the cable to the side of the lever or at the rear end of the lever.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

cheers Mrcheerful, I found it, it was hiding behind the shank of the handbrake lever.

Reply to
soundboy