Online car part numbers

Why are they not freely available?

I'm looking for a Terrano suspension part and it's proving very difficult. Despite knowing the name of the part, and having a diagram of it from a workshop manual, the main dealer is still coming up with the wrong part. Admittedly contact has so far been by phone and email but being able to quote a part number would help enormously!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

"Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

For some cars, they are.

Try a Ford dealer - the Terrano II (I'm presuming it's not a grey import) was the same Spanish-built thingummy as the Ford Maverick.

Reply to
Adrian

Are they? Where? Not that I don't believe you, it just might come in handy. K11 Micra, Mazda 323F, Megane Scenic, Skoda Felicia & Fabia, for example. Any of those got an explosion of parts & associated part numbers anywhere?

I'll try, ta.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

You can get all the VAG group ones, Erwin & Elsa.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I don't know about those cars but I bought a CD containing all the exploded diagrams and part numbers for my Fiat on ebay. It cost about £5 inc. Also Fiatforums.com run a sort of co-operative version of the same thing.

I'd try to find the on-line forums for the various models and/or try ebay.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I know I can buy a CD of parts but that's generally not very helpful when I get a call asking how much a is and whether I can get one, especially when it's one of those "It's the square bit on the end of the long metal bar next to the big round thing" questions.

I can find any part number for a huge number of bikes, but not many cars at all. Just seems odd, is all.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Nissan parts list is available online at

Trevor Smith

Oh, well found! That'll come in handy, that will.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot