Clutch problem

2002 FIAT Multipla 110 JTD. 61K miles.

This last two weeks in the cold mornings the car has been particularly difficult in selecting gears.

This has improved as the car warms up... up until today when it is getting more & more difficult to select gears particularly reverse.

There is a fair amount of travel on the pedal but only about an inch from the bottom gives clearance (when HOT) before clutch engagement.

I cannot locate any oil seeps from either of the clutch cylinders or the gearbox.

Any ideas most welcome.

Tnx

Pete

Reply to
Peat

we did one of these a few weeks ago, the thrust release bearing had started to break up.exactly you symptons as yours it has a book time of 5+ hours and needed the subframe dropped to get the gearbox out... definately not one for the faint hearted ... And I got cursed for bringing it in! IIRC it's a sealed clutch hydraulic assembly

Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear.

Des

Reply to
Des

Yes I thought it might be along those lines and at 65 going on 90 I don't feel up to that kind of work even in a fully kitted out garage.

Looks as though I shall have to shell out loads of dosh to have it done.

Any recommendations around Leicester?

Pete

Reply to
Peat