Compression test 2.0 Focus Zetec blacktop

Tried to do the above at my mates workshop last night and his comp tester wouldn't screw in. The maybe 10mm of thread length on the comp tester wouldn't reach the start of the threads in the Zetec plug hole or so it seemed - or so he thought?

Does the Zetec have a gap between the plug gasket sealing surface and the start of the plug thread and require a special adaptor or is he a wally?

Reply to
Dave Baker

the conical seat means the thread starts a lot lower down the hole. I bought a special long adaptor when that engine came out in the escort. the local car shop had it. just a 6 inch tube with a suitable male thread at one end and female at the other

Reply to
Mrcheerful

They're bloody expensive online from what I see. As much as my comp tester cost me in the first place. I'll have to try and knock something up from an old spark plug or maybe borrow one.

Reply to
Dave Baker

it would be very simple to knock up, the one I got was about a fiver 20 years ago.

Reply to
Mrcheerful