Gear linkage problem

Hi,

Driving home for lunch (love being 5 mins drive away from work!) there were= several loud bangs/clunks, initially thought someone had chucked something= at me but there was no-one around and then noticed the gear stick jumping = around a bit, jolting when power is applied and being further forwards than= normal in gears 1, 3 & 5. I presume part of the gear linkage is now missin= g?

Going to jack it up tonight, should it be obvious what's wrong or does anyo= ne already know? :) Had the clutch done last month so am a bit suspicious a= tm!

Fiesta 1.25 2000.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

several loud bangs/clunks, initially thought someone had chucked something at me but there was no-one around and then noticed the gear stick jumping around a bit, jolting when power is applied and being further forwards than normal in gears 1, 3 & 5. I presume part of the gear linkage is now missing?

already know? :) Had the clutch done last month so am a bit suspicious atm!

or a engine/g/box mount

Reply to
Redstar

several loud bangs/clunks, initially thought someone had chucked something at me but there was no-one around and then noticed the gear stick jumping around a bit, jolting when power is applied and being further forwards than normal in gears 1, 3 & 5. I presume part of the gear linkage is now missing?

already know? :) Had the clutch done last month so am a bit suspicious atm!

or a engine/g/box mount

Reply to
Redstar

Yes, jacked it up and noticed two things, significant amount of gearbox oil leaking from where the gear change rod goes into the gearbox and a missing bolt from the gearbox mount! Engine/gearbox is now swinging freely from the engine mounts!

Should I be pissed at the garage or is it one of those things? They say they'll sort it but I have to get it to them somehow and don't want to drive it like that!

Reply to
Peter Spikings

leaking from where the gear change rod goes into the gearbox and a missing bolt from the gearbox mount! Engine/gearbox is now swinging freely from the engine mounts!

they'll sort it but I have to get it to them somehow and don't want to drive it like that!

I would be pissed :(

Reply to
Redstar