Ford Focus - Air Conditioning

Can anyone give me an idea as to where to locate the 'Low Pressure Port' on the air conditioning on my wife's 2000 Y Reg Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec. I have found the High Pressure Port but advised that this should not be used for recharging the system.

Many Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim

On earlier Foci, there is NO LP port, however some later cars do have them, inwhich case it located on the receiver-drier behind the drivers side wheel arch liner infront of the wheel.

Incidentally, if you have sprung a leak, it most likely is on the metal piping from the r/d which is known to vibrate /rub and fail.

The HP port can be used for re-charging, but only with professional equipment, using which you would recharge with liquid R134a from an inverted can *by weight* (as depicted on the bonnet slam panel).

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..