Subaru Legacy Outback autobox replacenement

Subaru Legacy Outback

Where can I get my mitts on a second hand auto gearbox or have the shafted one repaired, I have been quoted serious cash for a new one.

Reply to
Richard

Look for one on Ebay being broken, or it might pay you to buy a whole car, take the gearbox out and sell the other valuable bits seperately.

I bought an electric window mechanism for a Terrano from a chap who did this very thing because the price of the parts he wanted, from Nissan, was extortionate.

I don't know your car but there's a Legacy here for £700 buy it now:

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Having read that particular auction now it does say the auto box seems a little harsh though.....

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

There's a big remanufacturer of autoboxes in Westbury, Wiltshire. I can't recall the name but I found in on Google. They have a bloody good reputation.

JB

Reply to
JB

I've used a decent repairer in South London who do their own overhauls on the premises.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Be careful with 2nd hand auto boxes for the Legacy's and Outbacks, they are a known failure item and you could buy one thats almost knackered. The oil change interval is faaaaar too long and the cooling inadequate which is why they fail, especially on the larger engined cars..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)