Corsa B Rear Brake Load Valve or Brake Compensator MOT Failure

Hello All Could someone tell me if the brake load valve or brake compensator would be an MOT failure if it was broke or not working,I have searched the web and have conflicting answers,some say it is and some say it's not a failure.

I have an MOT coming up and need to get mine fixed as I've been told it will be a fail.

Also is £137+VAT a good price for a new one +£25 fitting.

Thanks A Lot For Any Advice

Reply to
Lyon

If it affects the braking performance, which I would expect it to, then it would probably result in a failure. Part of the test is comparing performance between the various wheels. From another point of view, if it is a defective part of the braking system, then it should be fixed, without waiting for an MOT test, for my safety as well as yours. I can't comment on the part cost, but having any work done, especially on brakes, for £25 sounds like a bargain.

Reply to
Davey

yes it would be a fail if : A load sensing valve or its operating linkage is obviously:

. seized or inoperative

. defective so that its function is impaired, or

. incorrectly adjusted

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Or an incompetent bodge of course.

Reply to
Gerald

If you've got a lift it's pretty trivial.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

OK will get them fixed ASAP. And thank you all for the advice very very much appreciated.

Kind Regards Lyon

Reply to
Lyon