Corsa Cogs

Hi

My sons Corsa has a problem....

It's stuck in forth gear. The stick has no 'gate' but the clutch works ok.

I've checked the linkage under the stick and this is ok. It's difficult to see 'cause there's not much room, but it seems to waggle ok at the gearbox end.

Anyone diagnose the problem please? New gearbox?

Steve

PS It's a 1994 diesel, at 100,000+ miles.

Reply to
Steve

I had exactly the same problem on a polo, there was a small stone caught in the linkage connector joint.

I suspect your problem may be different though, maybe the plastic ball thingy! - at the bottom of the stick, is it called a selector gate?

Reply to
Nik&Andy