Corsa Gear Linkage

We have a 1ltr Corsa on a 51 plate. It has become difficult to select

2nd gear. I have find some info off these groups that point to a common problem with corsas, that the gear linkage wears. Before I get the spanners out, is the linkage adjustable/repairable, or should I get my hands on a replacement? Any help appreciated.
Reply to
Spleurker

Just go to a Vauxhall dealer and buy the new and modified linkage, they are very common and not too hard to fit. The design of the joints is different so that the problem does not recur, about 40 quid from memory

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

The linkage isn't repairable. But you should really make sure it's the linkage at fault before renewing it. Go through the gears, and while in each gear move the gear lever gently to see how much free play there is. Anything more than a good few mm, and the linkage is most likely the problem.

It's usually the linkage that goes directly onto the gearbox that wears out on Corsa-C's, and there's a heavier duty version supplied now.

Reply to
moray

After 2 years my y reg 1.2 gear linkage needed renewing - common fault. Cost about 90 pounds inc fitting

Reply to
Mike